Thursday, February 17, 2005

A couple of Interesting companies

I think this company has it going for them

IT companies need a powerful, easy-to-use software platform that business analysts use to quickly and effectively visually communicate with to managers,stakeholders,decision makers.

The company is fast growing and provides developers an opportunity to test drive their web applications before writing software code.

The criteria I use to evaluate companies are:
  1. Do they save time
  2. Do they save resources (including Human resources,coputer resources and internet resources)
  3. Do they do things on time (meeting set targets, are projects completed on time,..)
  4. Do they capture a market really fast
  5. Do they have the smarts to get the best people
  6. Do they know where to source stuff from at the lowest cost (without getting into a 0 sum game)
  7. Do they respond well to customers and potential customers
  8. Do they keep themselves on top of trends (IT and Non IT)
  9. Do they care for their customers and their environment
  10. Do they innovate - if yes how regualrily
The company meets many of my criteria and is interesting alright.Without wasting further time here is the name
http://www.irise.com

Of course I do not have all the answers for each and every question I have been able to raise through this blog and many people will have these questions too but hey all of us should find our answers and play our part.I do my bit by letting all know and do prod you all to do yours from time to time and yes believe in yourself - if you don't who will?

I believe I am doing the right thing and do not want to be judged - in any case I am being judged by whom I am not going to tell and yes I am on my way up only. I did get the feedback from an IIM B graduate who knows I am good and I do get visits to this website from many different people including from people who just type in my name to see if they can see what I am up to and yea some of these are people who know me from engineering college,seminars,school and not for profit bodies too so I am being judged all the time - there is no escape at all for me.

I got an invite to the ET Knowledge forum in Bangalore to listen to the founder of www.nVidia.com and I am really excited about attending the presentation.I think nVidia too has it going for the company.I am sure the company does all the things mentioned above too.

Thanks ToI and ET.Really appreciate your gesture.I will make sure some business does happen and/or gets simplified due to my presence there.It will help out my country and company.Think about it many people are indeed coming to India to get new customers and knowledge.Even developed countries are worried about the pull of Bangalore and India to a large extent.

No comments: